At the FreshFarm Market at Dupont late last month — one of THE hottest Sundays in recent memory — we were showing of Rocklands’ good stuff. We had grilled up some of Cedarbrook Farm’s pork sausage, and EcoFriendly Farm’s spice sausage, and were sampling them with Rocklands Original Barbeque Sauce. Grilled veggies were a sauce vehicle too (because you can have the great smoky taste of Rocklands’ sauce AND still be true to your vegetarian ideals). And we had some fun summery pinchos (last week’s post).
The simple star of the day, however, was our corn salad. Corn salad is seasonal city: Only worth making and eating now, when corn jumps off the cob at you. So have at it! And if you don’t feel like cooking, come on in. We’re making our corn salad at your favorite Rocklands, while the season lasts.
Rocklands Corn SaladServes 6
- 7 ears fresh corn, shucked, boiled and shocked, and kernels cut from the cob
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1-1/3 cups julienned zucchini
- 1-1/3 cups julienned yellow squash
- 1 cup finely diced carrots, blanched and shocked
- 2/3 cup finely diced red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, or to taste