Our top-five favorite beach foods:
- Rocklands Pearl — for the drive to the beach, this wins hands-down. Starts your vacation or your weekend as soon as you get in the car, and means you don’t have to stop at a crowded spot along the road and eat lame food that takes too long to get to your table. Two Pearls for the front seat, two for the back seat, and you are set.
- Frozen Rocklands baby-back ribs — we’re happy to smoke and then freeze our ribs for you. Call your favorite Rocklands several days in advance to place your order. We’ll smoke and cool your ribs, wrap them well and freeze ’em. Then you pick up the ribs and sauce, stuff them in the cooler under layers of newspaper. By the time you get to the beach they are on the way to defrosting — heat them up and sauce them and serve.
- Rocklands corn salad — really, this is the most delicious summer side. You can pair it with anything, and even show up with corn salad as a hostess present.
- Rocklands Malt Salt and Blackening Rub –– not technically foods, but when you head to that poorly equipped kitchen in the beach rental, these are the two spices you need (well, maybe Old Bay as well). The Malt Salt will make any protein on the grill absolutely delicious, and Blackening Rub is what you want to sprinkle lightly on anything that needs a kick. (And did we mention “hostess present”?)
- Rocklands wings — why do we love these as beach food? Because even cold from the fridge, these wings are plump and tasty. You will be the hit of the weekend if you grab a big bag of these and make them your culinary contribution.