We all made a big deal out of shopping local the Saturday after Thanksgiving. (You did, right?) What’s to stop us from doing that ALL the time? Local shops and businesses are the life-blood of neighborhoods and cities. Think of your favorite places to go in and around DC — they have “local color,” or “they’ve got fun stuff,” or “they’re different.”
In the spirit of keeping all the “different” that makes living in the DMV such fun, here are a few wonderful local businesses. They have not asked us to promote them . . . it’s just that we shop where we live where we work. Here are just a few of our pals who have a particularly good bent for stocking excellent December finds:
- Home Rule — every house needs something from here
- Casual Adventure — stocking stuffers to coats
- National Capital Flag Company — cool and funky or traditional flags
- The Dandelion Patch — cards and papers for writing great notes
- Adventure Theatre in Rockville — how about tickets?
We are missing many many options here (obviously) — who should we include in our next “shop local” list?